I just signed up for LBTL for the 2nd year in a row! As if it wasn't torture the first time round!
And I now live alone...so will power is going to be mega...I may have to lock my kitchen cupboards!
BUT I am determined not only to do...and do it properly...but to raise much more than last year:
£1000 TARGET
That's right guys! I want to raise a whopping £1000 for the GPP. The reasons I am raising for the GPP as opposed to a partner charity are:
1. The GPP have funded me for training to become an ambassador for them and spread the message.
2. They are creating a massive movement that is allowing ordinary people to realise that one small, affordable change in their lives can impact on the world.
3. This is the only major fund raising campaign that they do and what they are doing costs money!
So that is my reasoning and I hope that once again the generosity of my friends and family will pull through. However, to reach this target I need to reach a wide audience so I am asking YOU to join me, complete the challenge with me and help me reach the £1000 target! Its hard, but it can also be an extremely fun way to raise money (we will make it fun - I have plans for limbo parties!! - Stolen from Tom, fellow GPPambassador)
It is also an extremely effective way for you to begin the conversation with ordinary people. When you tell people your going to live on £1 of food and drink a day for 5 days their immediate responce is "WHY??" (depending on which part of Scotland you live in it can also be "Are you F**KING NUTS!?!?")
But WHY is a great question....because then you get to say "because 1.4BILLION people HAVE to live on this EVERYDAY!"
Come On - You know you want to :)

No comments:
Post a Comment