Saturday, 30 April 2011

1 day to go - food shopping!

My live below the line charity attempt begins tomorrow! (I am starting one day early because I have the biggest end of uni day/night out planned for the Friday - took me two years to get here I am not canceling that night!!!)

Today I went shopping with my Mum - I spent more than £5 but some of things I had to buy in bulk - so I will work out how much each portion costs and ensure that I stay below or on the £1 a day mark.


Some of the delicacy's I bought: 2 tins of beans (30p each) Bananas (work out at about 15p each) Noodles (19p a pack) pasta (works out at about 20p a portion - a small portion) oats (39p for the bag - about 5 portions in that) Low fat yogurt (40p for the tub) apples (15p each) frozen veg (big bag was 99p - I'll need to weigh it out to get the price per portion) and macaroni pies (25p each).

I also worked out my cup of tea is about 2p - so I have allowed for 5 cups a day - which is 50p over the week :D

I am quite nervous about this but I know I have to do it because people are sponsoring me! Any ideas for recipes guys?? So tonight I am having Chinese, chocolate and cider just as a special treat!!
me with a cheeky cider!

No comments:

Post a Comment