| Eating a Pizza after 2 days of hardly eating because of travelers diarrhea in Egypt - lovin' it! |
But I learned from my mistakes and made sure that I spaced my meals out better today. My oats and 1/2 banana for breakfast - BEFORE WORK! Which actually kept me going till about 12 noon. Then I had a pack of noodles with 1/4 pork sausage and about 5.30 I had my tea: a macaroni pie with 1/3 of a tin of green beans!

Luckily I had enough change left over to whip up an instant custard from powder (of which I only had half because me father - who had a huge plate of lasagna and chips and green beans for tea - which is one of my favorite favorite favorites!! - decided he wanted share!) and I threw in 1/4 of a banana to add some.... well....flavour??
So day 2 went... well slightly better.... oh yeah except from the constant dull ache in the front of head - which apparently is withdrawal symptoms from things like sugar/diary/red meat/ caffeine - you know all the good things... and oh yeah the fact that my toilet routine is completely out the window - my stomach is literally not in control and wondering what the hell I am doing.
But the pain and the *whispers* bowel issues... they are not only the result of withdrawals, in fact that is the signals that the body gives to indicate that a) your not eating right b) your not eating enough and c) you are not functioning properly. I struggled to stay awake by 4pm and my concentration levels had taken a serious knock... I could have took medicine to combat the symptoms... but the people that this is for they live with these signals every day... they live in pain and unable to fully function simply because they are not getting enough to eat!
It's 2011 and people in this world - a world that I sometimes ashamed to think I live in - do not have enough to eat! It is these people and this thought that drives me through the pain and the misery of this challenge and onto day 3 with a smile on my face!

Keep going hun, you're doing a great job!!x
ReplyDelete